Welcome to my new blog!

I already run a successful blog: www.leavingcairo.blogspot.com - a blog about an English girl the wrong side of 35 who finds herself settling (for the moment) in the beautiful country of Greece.
But there's more to Bex, the author - hence "The this 'n' that blog".
Documented here will be every day ramblings and observations - enjoy!

Contributors

Followers

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Where did all the REAL, GOOD men go?

At the end of the day, all a woman really wants is the
hunter type who'll keep her safe!  Forget this "new man" bollocks!
Source: http://www.philamuseum.org/collections/permanent/42498.html
I mean, where are they?  You know the ones: they'd catch a rabbit, skin and cook it if they had to (we are coming to the end of the world this year, supposedly, after all).  They are so comfortable in themselves, they lack ego & don't need a bevy of women around them to flirt with them, to keep that ego inflated.
They talk to you without looking at your breasts, they hold an intelligent conversation yet can throw you around the bedroom (if you get what I mean).

Am I asking for too much?  Is there a certain age range I need to be looking at (IE: older men)?  I've been told older men are more comfortable with themselves...but I don't want a geriatric!

Eleni Zoe, a Greek blogger/author of "Hope Dies Last" laments these issues in better detail than I do.  I will ask her for some advice.  But if anyone has any in the meantime IE: where to look?  Nationalities preferred (I have to say, the Greeks are preferable as they're a lot rougher round the edges, less prissy and don't moisturise as much as the 'modern' man).

Comments?

2 comments:

liz young said...

Are you asking too much? From my own experience, yes you are! Even my No1 son-in-law whom I love to bits has his off moments. What matters is that he makes my daughter happy and his faults can be overlooked!

Unknown said...

Ahhh Lizy,

You always bring me back down to earth - thanks. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...